DRC is another place with inflexible visa requirements and a tough-stand approach to us visitors. Quite a bit of instability here too, especially along Lake Tanganyika and northern parts. I’m planning on popping in down south. Approximate timing: October 2018
What should I make sure to see in the DRC? Please add comments below.
Part 1: North Eastern Side
AROUND LAKE EDWARD
- Virunga volcano and National Park (World Heritage Site) – drive car to closest town on Ugandan side, take taxi to border and then get taken into Virunga Park to see the gorillas.
- Island in the middle of the lake.
AROUND LAKE TANGANYIKA
- Maybe cross over at Kala/Moliro
Part 2: Southern border
- Sakania Elephant Reserve
- Kolwezi and MAB Reserve and biosphere
- Kahuzi-Beiga National Park (WHS)