I have never been to Kenya (unless you count the three hours I spent between gates at the airport in Nairobi). It’s an exciting time to be there, I hear. Approximate timing: late June to mid July.
My list is not nearly complete… What else do I need to add to it? Please add comments below.
Part 1: Along the Tanzanian Border
AROUND TSAVO NATIONAL PARK
- East and West Tsavo Parks (maybe do from Tanzania enroute to Kilimanjaro)
- Kibera, the township Ellie wrote a book about.
AROUND SOUTH WESTERN KENYA
- Masai Mara Reserve (and migration from July to October)
AROUND LAKE VICTORIA
Part 2: Along Kenyan coastline
- Would love to see Mombasa
- Would love to see Lamu
Part 3: The Rest of Kenya
- Lake Baringo: Large lake where Leaky the anthropologist did a lot of his famous work.
- Lake Bogoria, just south of Lake Barindo. Flamingos, hot springs and raised water levels.
- Lake Nakuru. Most of the worlds remaining black rhinos are in the game park here.