I’m really looking forward to going back to Tanzania, seeing new old friends there and more of the diverse country (maybe even Zanzibar this time. Approximate timing: June 2018.
What else should I make sure I see in Tanzania? Please add comments below.
Part 1: Southern and eastern parts
- Road from Kyela/Malawi is beautiful
- Kerra Walker!!!
- Emma in Pink
- Ruaha for old times sake
ALONG THE SOUTH COAST LINE
- Mikindani, right on the border with Mozambique (probably not going to make this)
- Kilwa Kisiwani (also quite a bit of a detour)
AROUND DAR ES SALAAM
- Beautiful road from Dar to Tsavo National Park (Kenya)
Part 2: Along Kenyan Border
FROM OCEAN TO MARANGU
- Tsavo National Park – has West and East parts (both in Kenya)
- Mount Kilimanjaro – climb this baby with Seb et co.
- Town of Arusha
- Hot springs south west of Arusha
- Arusha National Park
- Ngorogoro Conversation Area (and Gorge)
- Serengeti National Park
- Lake Victoria (especially road around Nyahanga)
- The entire road from Nyahanga to Tarime to Kissi (in Kenya)
Part 3: Along Western Border
ALONG ENTIRE LENGTH OF LAKE TANGANYIKA
- Mahale Mountains National Park
- Kalambo Falls (Southern tip of Lake Tanganyika)
- The eastern side of the length, Burundi down to Kalambo Falls is awesome.
- Very colourful Chiclid fish. Go diving/snorkeling with them
- Gombe and Mahale National Parks for the chimpanzees!
- Lake Tanyanika – MS Liemba ship (Between Kigoma and Mahale)