Eish, Uganda. So much potential. I’m deeply curious about what I’ll find here and how they’ll find me.
What should I make sure to see/do in Uganda? Please add in comments below.
Part 1: Lake Victoria
- Jinja town (horse riding with New Zealand woman, along the Nile)
- Shoebills (stork-like bird. Very special and very rare) in the marshes just outside Kampala.
- Entebbe: The White House Loft, owned by Like DeRaad, friend of Delia.
- George and the ex-pats.
Part 2: Western border with DRC
AROUND LAKE ALBERT
- Murchison Falls National Park
- The drive from there to Lake Edward
AROUND LAKE EDWARD
- Climb Mount Rwenzori. Third highest peak and largest glacier in Africa. You’re climbing for several days through the park forest. Drive to Kasese. Get in touch with Posiana
- Bwindi Forest – Impenetrable forest. (Can do gorillas here but don’t have to)
- Also Lake Kivu