Zim is a great places to start so long as I don’t have to enter her through Musina. I’ve done Vic Falls etc, so this trip will mostly be around Harare, Masvingo, Mutare and possibly Bulowayo. Approximate timing: April 2018.
What sights am I missing? Please add in comments below.
Part 1: Eastern Part
- Great Zimbabe Ruins
- Lake Mutirikwi
BETWEEN MASVINGO & MUTARE
- Gonarezhou – Chilo Gorge Lodge.
- Jazz Music Festival – end of May
- Domboshawa mountains – great for painting and caves and hiking.
- Very nice place to be based in to see things in the area.
- Chimanimani mountains and national mark in Highland area
- Lots to see in Mutare
- Bvumba Botanical Gardens in Vumba (lovely area, up from Mutare – coffee shops, nice B&Bs etc)
- “Seldom Seen” lodge for birders
- Bungah forest
- Mutare Falls
- Nyanga National Park
- Leave Vumba early to head to Mozambique
Part 2: Western Part
AROUND VICTORIA FALLS
- Rhodesian Rail – Bulawayo to Vic Falls
- Lake Kariba
- Hwange National Park
- Rhodesian Rail – train ride from Bulawayo to Vic Falls
- Khami Ruins